For adventurers who are already experienced and already know their own limits, how about a 7 day extension after Aconcagua to climb a huge 6770m peak? The key here is to have a great acclimatisation in Aconcagua and then rest well during your time in Mendoza.
Mercedario is the 8th highest mountain in the Andes and is located in the San Juan Province, Argentina. This is a great option for those who want to try a very high mountain but want to avoid the crowds of busy mountains like Aconcagua. Furthermore, Mercedario does not require a permit like Aconcagua, making it significantly cheaper. The normal route is extremely accessible and requires no technical climbing.
The requirements for joining this expedition are:
- International Travel Insurance
- High altitude mountaineering experience
- Good health and physical prepared
- Fill the booking and medical form
- Read all the information available in this website